ivyo.ca: home |

My little 12 year-old cousin recently decided to do a search for me on YouTube and came across a 30 second video that someone posted of my Canadian Idol audition back in 2005. The discovery of the video definitely brought back a lot of memories, both good and bad, of my experience with Canadian Idol. After posting it to my personal profile on Facebook, I received many comments from friends that I should "definitely try out again!" Although I am happy to have had the experience of being a Canadian Idol Top 100 finalist, I would never go through with it again. 


I need to mention that Canadian Idol was not holding auditions in Ottawa the year that I tried out (2005) so my parents and I headed to Sudbury for my audition. There were only four Ottawanians that made it to the Top 100 in Season 3, and three out of the four people came right from my secondary school, Notre Dame High School (710 Broadview Avenue): Rachelle Richard, Emily Vinette (who was part of the Top 10) and myself. 


Here is the footage of me singing "You Can't Hurry Love" and getting my "gold ticket" to Toronto which was aired on television.



*Disclaimer: I was very nervous, hence my rushing of the song. Also, I was in front of the judges for a good twenty minutes and sang at least five different songs before they gave me a gold ticket, which was obviously edited out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Ivy_O on Twitter